Here we are on the second day of 2019 and all the possibilities of a new year lie ahead. I love this first week of January. Partly because it leads up to my birthday on January 7th (I am a huge fan of my birthday) but mostly because I love planning and scheming all the new ideas for the studio.
As my loyal blog followers I wanted to let you in a little bit on where my mind is going this year.
You all know I love a good theme … and soon I will be announcing the overall theme for 2019 … you will love it, I promise! But that is not what this blog post is about … so you will just have to wait for a few more days for that announcement!
For the past 12 years I have been on a continuous journey photographing the children and families that come to my studio. It is a constant adventure in business and relationships. I love the challenges that each day bring and the clients that over the years have become my friends. I have always loved having a studio that does a high volume as I love the quantity of people and energy buzz that comes with it. However, as I get older and my kids are needing more of my attention, I am looking at ways to slow down a bit, and yet still continue to grow my business. Interesting twist eh?
As I sat down towards the end of 2018 I analyzed what I loved to photograph the most and what made the most sense from a scheduling perspective for the studio. The answer was two fold, I love the baby plan sessions and my goal is to continue to increase the number of families that bring their babies to the studio …. but I have also totally fallen head over heals in love with photographing the adventure type themes in the studio. I have such a passion for transforming the entire studio into the theme we are photographing, designing the marketing campaigns behind them as well as creating the unique finished art pieces.
As an artist I have this insane drive to always create and push on towards something new and different. As a business woman I have this need and desire to improve my business. As a mom I want to spend as much time with my children and family as possible.
You can see my struggle!
I don’t have it all totally figured out yet … not sure I ever will, but here is what I do know … 2019 will bring some changes to the studio.
That was a long winded blog post to bring you my goals for 2019!
- To develop our magical adventure themes to an even higher level of an amazing experience, yet I am planning to schedule a few less sessions.
- I am taking one Saturday a month off from shooting to spend with my family and enjoy the activities that my children are involved in.
- I promise to love on and make all of my clients feel as important to me as they truly are! You will see this take shape in a variety of ways (just you wait and see).
- I vow to become better at delegating! I know I can’t do everything on my own and I will use the team I have around me to make things happen!
- I will continue my “Miracle Morning” routine and have my 30 minutes of quiet, meditation, reading and planning before everyone else wakes up each morning.
- I will enjoy every day that God has blessed me to be on this earth and use the talents he has given me to provide beautiful portraits to the families that trust me with their most precious memories.
I can’t wait for 2019 and hope that you will join me on the adventure!
Hugs – XOXOXO